Cosmologists have an expanding problem ... literally. Could gravitational waves from merging black holes be the answer?
About 20% of the matter in galaxies is visible or baryonic: subatomic particles like protons, neutrons and electrons. The other 80%, referred to as “dark matter”, remains mysterious and unseen.
A new image from the Hubble Space Telescope beautifully illustrates why astronomers need to be so careful about distance in ...
RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- A study co-led by physicists at UC Riverside and UC Irvine has found that dark matter halos of ultra-diffuse galaxies are very odd, raising questions about physicists ...
And that may be true of other galaxies as ... Measuring dark matter by what's missing The Large Hadron Collider smashes particles together to create collisions. The collisions produce a debris ...
MSN1mon
While developing and testing astronomical software on existing data, a master's student in astronomy fortuitously discovered ...
Ultra-diffuse galaxies are so called because of their extremely low luminosity. The distribution of baryons — gas and stars — ...
Left: R max —V max distributions inferred from the Read fits (colored), together with those from the TNG50-1-Dark simulations (gray circles). The solid black lines show the median relation ...
Physicists at UC Riverside (UCR) and UC Irvine (UCI) co-led a study in which they discovered that dark matter halos of ...