By Nayera Abdallah, Eman Abouhassira and Enas Alashray DUBAI/CAIRO, July 20 (Reuters) - Yemen's Iran-aligned Houthis said on Monday they were imposing a naval blockade on Saudi Arabia, a move that ...
Yemeni group says the announcement is based on the principle of ‘an eye for an eye’.
The Houthis fired missiles at Saudi ​Arabia last week after accusing the kingdom of bombing an airport under their control, breaking a four-year truce between ‌the kingdom and the Houthis.
Cairo, Jul 20 (AP) Yemen’s Houthi rebels have announced they are imposing a maritime embargo against Saudi Arabia in response for a recent attack on Sanaa Airport. Yahya Saree, a military spokesperson ...
The move comes after the Houthis and Saudi Arabia traded fire last week for the first time in years.
Yemen’s Houthis declare naval blockade against Saudi Arabia amid Strait of Hormuz fighting - Group said that the move was ‘based on the equation of “an eye for an eye”, effective immediately’ ...
After the Houthis announced their blockade, the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen said in a statement that it would respond to ​them with force.
The militants, in a statement carried by state news, accused the Saudis of laying an "aggressive siege" against them.
The Houthi blockade targets Saudi Arabia’s Yanbu export hub and Bab el-Mandeb Strait, threatening oil flows representing nearly 7 per cent of global production. Combined with Hormuz disruptions, longe ...
Yemen's Houthis said they attacked an oil facility Sunday in southwestern Saudi Arabia, in the latest attack by the ...
In response to growing threats from Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi rebels, Saudi Arabia has established a new maritime defense ...
The Houthis "declare a maritime embargo against the criminal Saudi enemy, based on the equation of 'an eye for an eye', effective immediately upon the issuance of this statement," says a military ...